Monday, March 29, 2010

Soccer Village

photo by ethekwinigirl

I recently discovered that the area where I live is becoming a soccer village during the 2010 FIFA World Cup. I had heard that many of the townhouse complexes were being used as accommodation for tourists thronging into the nation causing the residents to earn some well deserved extra cash. All the residents need to do is move in with family or friends for six weeks and make their unit available to the agents, who then arranges the accommodation and other necessities.

Townhouse Complexes Thrive
It turns out that there are around thirty complexes in my suburb participating and our area will become a soccer village. Roads will be closed and new bus routes introduced, as tourists wander the streets.

Hosting the World
I'm sure that soccer village will cause quite a stir and some inconvenience for the locals, however it is a wonderful opportunity for us rise up as excellent hosts and make some money out of it.

Moment of Opportunity
This is a time for the innovative 'boer maak 'n plan' people of the Rainbow Nation to find a gap and grab hold of opportunity. Surely there is something for everyone. I, for one, am straining my brain for an idea. I know that my lightbulb moment is on it's way. Please feel free to egg it on.

It's All About Attitude
I know that there are many doomsayers and predictions of debt, disaster and destruction. However, I also know that opportunity lurks expectantly. If I focus on the negative, I'll miss that tiny gap.

So, rather than moaning about the changes in my suburb, I choose to use them to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment