Sunday, March 14, 2010

Seize the Day

Life is Short
Life is really too short not to enjoy each moment.  I know that there are times when we need to grieve or contemplate, but generally we find it easy to grumble.  I think that we need to find more moments in each day to simply enjoy.  We need to find the small things to delight in.  We need to seize each moment of fun and document it in our hearts. 


Life has it's Hardships
I know that hardship is a part of life and i've learnt that what doesn't kill you, strengthens you, but I also know that we need to move on.  We can't get stuck in those miserable places.


A Mission in Life
So, I am making it a mission to grab hold of a fun moment in each day.  Yesterday's fun moment was while looking for something in a party shop.  Trying on silly glasses and hats and taking pics and giggling.  Such a small thing, yet causing much laughter and fun.


The Simple Life
It is the simple things in life which bring much joy and laughter.
Little moments which we so often miss.  A smile, a helping hand, a cute puppy.  I saw a man give a few loose coins to a homeless man yesterday, then he handed him two cigarettes, and finally he lit one of the cigarettes for him.  Such a little thing, yet it left the homeless man smiling.  It also cheered me up.  Somebody showed a little concern.


Look Around
So now I am going to be actively looking for simple joys in the everyday.  That aught to take the mediocrity out of the mundane.  Put a little spring in my step.











No comments:

Post a Comment