Friday, March 26, 2010

National Cleavage Day and Football Friday Rolled into One

I naturally put on my Bafana Bafana shirt this morning as I prepared for the day. After all, it is Friday and in South Africa that is translated as Football Friday or Vuvu Friday. I love the fact that I don't have to think about what to wear on Fridays.


National Cleavage Day
The next thing I discovered that today is National Cleavage Day, to promote the prevention of breast cancer, certainly a worthy cause for any woman, or man for that matter.


My problem was that my Bafana shirt shows absolutely zero cleavage.


Proudly South African and Proudly Woman
Being proudly South African and even more proudly all woman, I wanted to participate in both Football Friday and National Cleavage Day. So I dug through my wardrobe until I found my green super springbok t-shirt with the yellow trim and low cut neckline. Aha, the right colours and cleavage to bare. 


The True Heroes of National Cleavage Day
I proudly donned my new shirt for the day, stood tall and headed for work, thanking God that I have been spared the trauma that so many women have had to face in the struggle against breast cancer. They are the true heroes of National Cleavage Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment