Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fun Things To Do on a Recessionary Budget

Browsing through my twitter posts this morning, I came upon an article about how South Africa may escape recession in the third quarter, which I quickly looked up and read. It was a fairly positive article talking about our slow recovery in the next two years. Recovery is wonderful, but two years - eish! Ok, so that gives me another two years to live on a really tight budget. I can do that.

Budget Fun is Challenging

So how am I going to have fun? Fun is easy, but budget fun is a little more challenging. In order to motivate myself I have decided to do the following. Once I have gone through the list, I need to come up with another ten, so if you have any suggestions, you know what to do.

10 Fun Things To Do

1. Watch a good video and make loads of popcorn to share with friends during the movie
2. Have a picnic on the bed
3. Take a walk somewhere scenic, like the beach or a park
4. Visit an old age home or a children's home and spread some love
5. Go window shopping at a shopping mall - at night when the shops are closed and I can't be tempted
6. Play a board game with a gang of friends
7. Make out with the one I love
8. Read a really good book
9. On a cool day find a sunny spot to spread my blanket and laze in the sun
10. Have a self-pamper session with manicure, pedicure and facial

Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment