Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Germany versus Australia

It was a wonderful experience attending the Germany versus Australia match on Sunday at Moses Mabhida Stadium in the delightfully warm climate of Durban. Although I was supporting Germany, I ended up shouting for Australia in sympathy as the Germans deftly scored goal after goal. The Aussie supporters were full of spirit and a joy to watch, however they became quieter as the match progressed. I missed the usual Bafana supporters who still have the best spirit and most colour. 
With regards to the vuvuzela complainants, I was amused to see that the vast majority of blasters were the foreigners. Of course, I took my vuvu along and attempted to give it a good blast every now and again. My daughter put me to shame as her blast sounded exactly right, while mine sound like an ox being slaughtered or an elephant giving birth.
I loved every moment of the beautiful game in my favourite stadium. Go Durbs and well done, Germany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment