Saturday, December 5, 2009

Moses Mabhida Stadium Skycar ready for 2010 FIFA World Cup

I am a confirmed Moses Mabhida Stadium junkie. The stadium is a magnificent sight and as I have been in Durban on business for the last month, I have taken countless photos every time I have have driven past the iconic stadium. I was fortunate enough to have been at the opening a week ago and swore to myself that I would ride the skycar before I leave Durban.

Skycar at Moses Mabhida Stadium Open
Imagine my joy when I drove past the stadium again on Thursday last week and saw the skycar making its way up the arch. I promptly pulled in to the parking and bought myself a ticket for R50.

I took the 3 minute ride to the top of the arch, enjoying the view all the way up. I stepped out at the top, 106 m in the air, and admired Durban from every angle. The sea breeze blowing through my hair and a group of young teamsters in training for instructing the adventure walkers were my enthusiastic companions.

Adventure Walks to the Top of the Arch and Swing Jumps
The adventure walk on the other side of the arch takes about half an hour to 45 minutes depending on one's fitness levels. It is a slightly more exciting option which will cost R75. However, for the real excitement seekers, the soon to be opened swing jump will be available. As much as I strained, I could not see where the jump will take place from. Maybe just as well, as that is the next promise that I have made to myself. As soon as I possibly can, I will be doing that jump. Perhaps I can do it with a blast of my new blue vuvuzela, instead of a shrill scream!




No comments:

Post a Comment